Ismaail Mohammed prepares to do Battle

On saturday October 2nd 2010, the NPC (National Physique Committee) will be hosting the annual Mr. and Ms. San Francisco Bodybuilding and Figure/Fitness Championships at the Chabot College Performing Arts Center, 25555 Hesperian Blvd in Hayward. And let me assure you, the San Francisco Bodybuilding Championships always draws some of the best physiques in amateur and professional competition that this sport has to offer. Physique Magnifique Magazine had the privilege of speaking to one of the competitors, Ismaail Mohammed, as he prepares to do battle.

PM: How do you feel about this weekend's upcoming event?

Ismaail: I feel pretty good about my condition so far. I got a lot of help from Jimmie and Futaba on balancing my symmetry and polishing up on some of my poses. I started preparing late, but so far so good. I'm really just using this show to get my feet wet in NPC competitions again.


PM: Did you do anything different in your training or diet for this competition?

Ismaail: Yeah, something different in my training and my diet. In my training I used weights that were moderately heavy to try to isolate my movements more. I got a way better pump - banging out sets of 30-50 reps on some of my leg days. With my diet, I tried to make sure that I ate on a regular schedule, as balanced as possible. I also added some cardio a few times a week and have definitely noticed some improvement in my vascularity.

PM: What class are planning to compete in?

Ismaail: Most likely in the light heavyweight division. Right now I'm weighing in at a little over 200 lbs. I believe the top of the light heavyweight is somewhere around 198, so I'm right on target as far as weight is concerned.

PM: Anything you wanna say to any of the competitors out there?

Ismaail: Nah, I'm just focused on being the best me I can be. As far as I'm concerned I'm my only competition, me against me.

PM: Thanks for taking time out for a few minutes to share with us. Hopefully we can catch up again after the competition to talk more about your off-season and competition.

Ismaail: Sure man, I'll look forward to it.

Tickets for this event are $25 for prejudging, and $25 and $35 for the evening finals. Prejudging starts at 10am, evening show starts at 6pm. Hope to see you there!